Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The paintings that follow are some of my newest. I'm tempted to say they go from "the sublime to the ridiculous" (who said that, anyway?)


The first is called Beyond, and is a larger (24x36) variation of an earlier work- Above and Beyond.



Beyond

24 x 36


$ 300




This next one is inspired by an Old Testament story I love where God sent ravens to feed Elijah in the wilderness. I call it Provision.


                                                                   Provision

                                                                        18x24

                                                                         250.




Gumbo is the next one. It's right from my sketchbook. It was fun working it out in color.




                                                Gumbo

                                                                            18x24

                                                                             200.



Through It All is an invitation to contemplate what is seen (or unseen) on the canvas. A play on words?.....not so much.





                                        See It Through

                                                                 12 x 24

                                                                   250.

And.....
every so often a painting just blasts out of me and I am as surprised as anyone to see where it lands. Once Upon A Time is one of those!


Posted by Picasa
Once Upon A Time

12 x 24

$ 150

3 comments:

Whitney McKendree Moore said...

awesome awesome awesome all of them -- the elijah one is particularly amazing to see having heard about it for so long. It is WONDERFUL, Claudia. You are a singing to my heart

Linda LaCroix said...

This one has Aidan written or should I say painted all over it. I'm guessing you were thinking of him.

Sandy Goller said...

Beautiful art work Mrs. Rahm. Whitney has definitely gotten her talent from you. This site is awesome and I will be back to look at all your beautiful art again.